CLM EDUCATION PROGRAM LEVEL 2 (Healing & Listening to Spirit) (2021 + 2022)
Padre Paul Funfsinn, Archbishop, CLM
Rev. Susan Wallace, Education Director
Monk Renee Plendl, Education Assistant
Rev. Dana Duryea, Bishop, CLM
Rev. Robert Bearden, Bishop, CLM
Technical Support on our Monthly Zoom Calls
Rev. Miriam Karell
Rev. Pat Hansen
Rev. Katharine Baugh
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE SYLLABUS
Write a 1-page reflection paper on every book, cd, and movie that you read, listen to, or watch.
“Holy Spirit – The Boundless Energy of God” (Suggested template for prayer group) Ron Roth
“Holy Spirit for Healing – Merging Ancient Wisdom with Modern Medicine” Ron Roth
“My Life with the Saints” James Martin
“The Second Coming of Christ” Volume 1, Yogananda (Not Kindle) OR The Old Testament
"Padre Pio, A Personal Portrait", Francesco Napolitano (New)
A serious study of another form of sacred literature: Baghavad Gita, Koran, Course in Miracles, Way of Mastery, Spiritist doctrine, Sufism, Awakening of the Heart (Thich Nhat Hanh), Old or New Testament
Books (Choose 5)
“Nossa Lar: A Spiritual Home” Chico Xavier
“The Messengers” Chico Xavier
“Workers of the Life Eternal” Chico Xavier
“Missionaries of the Light” Chico Xavier
“The Dance of the Dissident Daughter” Sue Monk Kidd
“The Expected One” Kathleen McGowan
“Making All Things New” Henri Nouwen
“They Walked with Jesus” Dolores Cannon
“The Essenes, Children of the Light” Stuart Wilson and Joanna Prentis
“The Rosary”, Immaculee Ilabagiza
“The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything”, James Martin (St. Ignatius to the Rescue!)
“The Untethered Soul” Michael Singer
“The Ear of the Heart” Mother Delores Hart
“Our Lady of Kibeho”, Immaculee Ilibagiza
“Animal Wisdom, The Spiritual Life of Animals”, Linda Bender DVM
“Daring Greatly” Brene Brown
“The 12 Steps of Forgiveness” Paul Ferrini
“Paramhansa Yogananda” Swami Kriyananda
“Triumph of the Heart” Mirjana Soldo
“Portrait of the Master”, James Twyman
“Falling into Grace” Adyashanti
“This Life is Joy” Roger Teel
"Whispers, how to hear the Voice of God", Mark Batterson
“The Book of Joy", Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu
“Things Hidden", Richard Rohr
“Teresa of Avila, The Book of My Life", Translated by Mirabai Starr
“Come Be My Light, Mother Teresa
"Invitation to Love: Christian Contemplation", Thomas Keating (NEW)
"What Do Mystics Know?", Richard Rohr
"The Inner Voice of Love", Henri Nouwen
"Gateway to the Seer Realm", Dr. Barbie Breathitt
"Giovanni and. the Camino of St. Francis", James Twyman
"Mary Magdalene Revealed", Meggan Watterson (New)
“Living the Spirit Directed Life,” Ron Roth
“Reclaiming Your Spiritual Power” Ron Roth
“Invoking the Sacred: For Healing, Guidance & Abundance” Ron Roth
“The Lords Prayer and the Magnificat” Dale Allen Hoffman
“The Field” Lynne McTaggart
“The Hidden Gospel” Neil Douglas-Klot
“I AM” Neil Douglas-Klot
Meditations/Devotionals: (Choose 1)
“The Chaplet of Divine Mercy” (in song) Trish Short
“Daily Meditation for Practicing the Course” (Course in Miracles) Karen Casey
“Moments of Peace in the Presence of God”, Bethany House (Psalms)
“Yogananda's Spiritual Diary", Yogananda
“Padre Pio's Devotion for Every Day" Gianluigi Pasquale
"Jesus Always", Sarah Young
"The Last Words of Jesus", Daniel P. Horan
"You Shall Not Want", The Psalms, Richard Chilson, John Kirvan (NEW)
Any devotional that appeals to you (approved by the Educational Director)
Movies (Dvd’s) (required)
“Healing” miracles, mysteries, and John of God, David Films
“God is the Bigger Elvis”, Mother Dolores Hart
“Awake, the Life of Yogananda"
“The Letters" Mother Teresa
"The Healing Power of Devotion to God", Ron Roth
"Joshua", Tony Goldwyn
"Billy, the Early Years about Billy Graham"
"The Custodian", on Amazon (New)
Most of the books and audio are available at the CLM bookstore or Amazon
Monthly - (Prayer Partners)
Upon entering Level 2, Monk Renee Plendl will assign you a prayer partner from the CLM Monk and Ordained Community. The prayer partners meet for a 30-45 minute call each month to pray together for themselves, one another, and the world. Your Prayer Partner will help you develop skills in praying and listening to the whispers of heaven. "Whenever two or more are gathered in His Name, there is Love."
When you are assigned to your prayer partner, you will be given an outline for a paper to be submitted twice a year, detailing your work with your partner and your developing prayer life. Send these papers to Monk Renee, Padre Paul, Rev. Susan, Bishop Bobee, and Bishop Dana, and post to the CLM Google Port, once available.
Sacred Pilgrimages with Celebrating Life Ministries
Medjugorje - March 21-28, 2022
You may receive one elective credit by going on this pilgrimage with CLM and writing a 1-2 page paper on your experience.
1. Listen to 6 teleconferences (Padre and a Special Guest). Students must document which teleconferences they listened to and submit this on the required syllabus, at the end of the year, for credit.
2. Participate in each monthly student zoom call discussing the book assigned for the year. Have your camera and microphone on and be prepared to share your take-away from the chapter being discussed. If you are unable to be on the zoom call due to work or other responsibilities, send an email in advance to Rev. Susan and Padre Paul, including a paragraph on your perspective on the chapter. Students must document which attended and submit this on the required syllabus at the end of the year for credit. A student who misses 3 zoom calls in the year, without prior approval or without sending in their write-up, will be placed on pause. Please see "Students on Pause" in each section of the curriculum for a full description of what this entails.
3. Read, listen to, and watch the required books, CDs, and movies.
4. Write a 1-2 page reflection paper on each of the required and elective books, CD's and DVD's, describing how they have enhanced your relationship with Spirit. NOTE: When emailing your papers, please write in the subject line: Name of Book or Recording/Author/Your Name. For example, The Healing Path of Prayer by Ron Roth/Katharine Baugh. Email papers to your Spiritual Companion, Padre Paul, email@example.com, Rev. Susan Wallace, firstname.lastname@example.org, Monk Renee Plendl, email@example.com, Bishop Bob Bearden, firstname.lastname@example.org, Bishop Dana Duryea, email@example.com and to your "Assigned Spiritual Companion".. Additionally, post your paper to our Google port, when this is made available. Credit will only be given for posted papers.
SPECIAL NOTE: There is a limit of 2 reports a month that can be submitted. The purpose of these reports is to read and glean principles that you are applying to your life today. It is not a book report per se, but actually a Life Review on your emotional, psychological and spiritual growth each month. Life is a journey, not a race, so slow down and enjoy your moments of bliss and then write about them!
5. Perform 25 hours of Community Service.
A.) The service should be purposeful and involve furthering an understanding of spirit or loving-kindness.
B.) Service can be integrated into your program by volunteering at CLM retreats or any organization that fills your heart.
C.) Verifications of your service must be in writing from the person or organization receiving the service (other than CLM) and has been previously approved by the Education Director or Padre Paul Funfsinn.
D.) Credit will be given for how many hours the student actually worked at the CLM event.
E.) It is up to the student to keep track of their hours and record them in the annual syllabus review.
6. Check in each year on a phone call with the Education Director. Please respond to Rev. Susan's request for a phone call when you receive it.
7. At the end of each year, you will receive a request from the Education Director to submit a syllabus, indicating the work you have completed during the year. Please respond to the request and submit your syllabus when asked. If you track the work you submit during the year on a printed syllabus, it is a very easy thing to report and send in.
Student on Pause:
A student in the CLM Education Program may be placed or requested to be on “Pause” by agreement with the Education Director and Spiritual Shephard. If this is something you are considering, please email Rev. Susan Wallace, firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will find a mutually agreed on a time for a phone call. . Pause is a six-month break from active participation in the Education Program, to allow the student time for prayer and contemplation, to gain discernment on their spiritual direction, or to put family or work situations in order. At the conclusion of the Pause period, the student may consider whether continuing in the Education Program is aligned for them.
While on Pause, the student will have access, via the CLM website, to the rich list of books, CD’s, movies, and other resources, but will not be submitting papers on these activities or participating in the monthly student Zoom calls or annual student retreat, or accessing the CLM Students Google Group to send or receive messages. If the student has been assigned a Prayer Partner from the CLM MOFEB community, they are not required to continue their prayer sessions or to submit papers.
The student on Pause is a valued member of our community, whom we welcome at Retreats, Zoom calls, and Teleconferences that are listed on the CLM website. We continue to pray for you in this phase of your spiritual journey and welcome you to return to active participation in the Education Program at the conclusion of your Pause by submitting a written request to the Education Director and the Spiritual Shephard.
Upon COMPLETION OF ALL the requirements and electives, and with the permission of the Education Director, Rev Susan Wallace write an 8-10-page paper that reflects your spiritual progress. As a suggestion only, some of the questions you might consider in your paper are:
1.) How has prayer affected your life?
2.) Describe personal healing that reflects your transformation in Level 2.
3.) How do you listen to spirit in your daily life?
4.) What is the most satisfying element of level 2 that touched your heart?
5.) How do you respond to the Holy Spirit?
Rev. Susan Wallace, Educational Director, email@example.com
Padre Paul Funfsinn: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monk Renee Plendl: email@example.com
Bishop Robert Bearden, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email copies of all papers MUST be sent to Susan Wallace.. "Credit will only be given for papers and documentation submitted to your Google file, once available."
You must have permission from the Education Director, Rev. Susan Wallace to apply to Level 3. Prerequisites to apply to Level 3 are posted on the CLM website. Once you have applied to Level 3, Padre Paul will make the decision to formally accept you.